The Council for Opportunity in Education (COE) would like to thank our Corporate Advisory Board
(.pdf) who assists the Council in developing and maintaining partnerships between COE, the TRIO community and businesses interested in further educational opportunity and ensuring a diverse pool of future business leaders.
COE has built strategic alliances with businesses and foundations dedicated to expanding educational opportunity. Through strategic collaborations, we work to strengthen quality, opportunity and access to education for all American students — the next generation of global leaders.
Current COE Partnership Models
COE Past and Present Corporate and Foundation Partners
- Providing district-wide college access services with the GE Foundation and the Erie Public Schools;
- Conducting the research necessary to develop a city-wide program to improve college access and success with the Denver Scholarship Foundation and the Piton Foundation;
- Providing coordinated financial aid and mentoring services to adult women returning to school with the AARP Foundation;
- Coordinating and enhancing state-wide college access services with the Lumina Foundation for Education; and
- Providing broader dissemination of targeted curricula to encourage low-income and minority students to prepare for careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) with the National Institutes of Health.
3M, AARP Foundation, AT&T, Alcalde and Fay, American Bankers Association, American Student Assistance, The Boston Consulting Group, Citigroup, The College Board, Cox Radio, Dow Chemical, Doyle Printing & Offset, DuPont, Duty Free Americas, Ford, Forest City, GE Healthcare, General Electric (GE), Goldman Sachs, Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation, Greehey Family Foundation/NuStar Energy Corporation, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, IBM, KSAT, Lumina Foundation for Education, Marion L. Cosgrove Foundation, Morgan Stanley, NBC Universal, The Normandy Group, Norris and Associates, Omnicom Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Promethean, Inc., REDC, Sallie Mae Fund, San Antonio Steel, Silver Eagle Distributors, Southwest Airlines, Southwest Business Corporation (SWBC), Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG), Texas Med Clinic, The Education Resources Institute (TERI), The Tobin Endowment, Travelers Foundation, UPS Pacific Region, USA Funds, UST Public Affairs, Inc., Valero Energy, Wyeth.