The Council for Opportunity in Education (COE) would like to thank our Corporate Advisory Board
(.pdf) who assists the Council in developing and maintaining partnerships between COE, the TRIO community and businesses interested in further educational opportunity and ensuring a diverse pool of future business leaders.
COE has built strategic alliances with businesses and foundations dedicated to expanding educational opportunity. Through strategic collaborations, we work to strengthen quality, opportunity and access to education for all American students — the next generation of global leaders.
Current COE Partnership Models
- Providing district-wide college access services with the GE Foundation and the Erie Public Schools;
- Conducting the research necessary to develop a city-wide program to improve college access and success with the Denver Scholarship Foundation and the Piton Foundation;
- Providing coordinated financial aid and mentoring services to adult women returning to school with the AARP Foundation;
- Coordinating and enhancing state-wide college access services with the Lumina Foundation for Education; and
- Providing broader dissemination of targeted curricula to encourage low-income and minority students to prepare for careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) with the National Institutes of Health.
3M, ACT, Adage Capital Management, Aurora Management, Beacon Capital Partners, Beecken Petty O'Keefe and Company, BlackRock, Boeing, Citibank, Comcast/NBC Universal, DeVry, Dow Chemical, Forest City, Forstmann Little, General Motors, GE Foundation, GE Healthymagination, GenNX 360 Capital Partners, Goldman Sachs, Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation, Kresge Foundation, Lumina Foundation, MB Real Estate Services, Morgan Stanley, New World Foundation, Odyssey Investment Partners, Omega Advisors, Palisade Capital Management, Providence Equity, Pyramid Hotel Group, RLJ Lodging Trust, Rolta, Southwest Airlines, State Street Bank, Stone Point Capital Foundation, TG, Travelers Foundation, Walmart, Warburg Pincus, U.S. Department of Education, UPS, USAFunds.