GO College — The Gaining Options for College Collaborative
The Gaining Options for College Collaborative (GO College) is a national data-driven initiative that brings communities together to increase college access and success for low-income, first-generation, and minority students.
GO College is built upon six essential cornerstones:
- Collaboration among Many Community Partners
- Using Data to Improve Student Outcomes
- Combining a Whole School Approach with More Intensive Services for Individual Student Groups
- Aligning In-School and Out-of-School Programming to Improve Student Achievement
- Building on Existing Community Resources
- Emphasizing Student, School, and Community Strengths
GO College is currently located in six high schools, within two states:
- Erie, Pennsylvania — Central Tech High School, East High School, Strong Vincent High School
- Louisville, Kentucky — The Academy @ Shawnee, Fern Creek High School, Moore Traditional High School
GO College is an initiative of the Council for Opportunity in Education supported by the U.S. Department of Education Investing in Innovation Fund ($20 million) and the GE Foundation ($4 million).
For additional information, please visit (http://www.mygocollege.org/
) and (http://www.facebook.com/GOCollege/