TRIO Achievers » Nomination Criteria
- The TRIO Achiever candidate must be a former TRIO project participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program.
- The TRIO Achiever candidate must have enrolled in and successfully completed a postsecondary program of study resulting in a baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- The TRIO Achiever candidate must be a person of high stature within his/her profession or has received recognition for outstanding academic achievement.
- The TRIO Achiever candidate must currently be employed above the entry level designation for his/her profession or enrolled in a program for a degree above the baccalaureate degree. Special preference is given to nominees who have been out of school for five or more years.
- The TRIO Achiever candidate must have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
- Participation in the TRIO project must have had significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives (as acknowledged by the participant).